Tray Middlebrooks strongly believes in helping people get their life back on track after sustaining injuries that adversely affect their physical and financial well-being. It is a huge responsibility when people entrust him with protecting their livelihood, one that he takes very seriously.
Tray is a native of Augusta, Georgia. He graduated from Auburn University and obtained his Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law of Samford University. He began his legal career practicing general civil litigation during which time he obtained significant experience in Georgia’s Magistrate, State and Superior Courts.
Subsequently, Tray focused his practice on workers’ compensation and joined a prestigious law firm in Atlanta, during which tenure he published articles in the firm’s client journal and served as a faculty member for Lorman Educational Services.
Tray has earned a spot on Thomson Reuters’ list of Super Lawyers for consecutive years, an honor reserved for 5% of attorneys practicing in Georgia. He holds a perfect 10/10 rating from Avvo. And for each of the past 5 years, Tray has been named to Georgia Trend Magazine’s list of Legal Elite attorneys, an award determined solely on the nominations of other lawyers in the state.
- All Georgia State & Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Honors & Awards
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2018-22
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2022-23
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Auburn University, B.A., Criminology
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claimant’s Lawyers (WCCL)
- Lawyers’ Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- “Perspectives on Medicare Compliance: Things to Know and Consider When Dealing with MSA’s and Conditional Payments,” Atlanta Bar Association’s Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, 2015
- “Employer/Insurer Defenses to a Claim & Claimant Strategies,” ICLE Workers’ Compensation for the General Practitioner Seminar, 2011
- “How Injured Workers Can Take Advantage of an Invalid Panel of Physicians,” Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Seminar, 2007